At Prospect High School we believe that all members of the school community - students, parents and staff - have certain rights and responsibilities. The School Association has adopted several policies that guide our practice. These policies include:
- Supportive School Environment Policy (SSE)
- Respectful Schools, Respectful Relationships Framework
- Pathways for Student Management (contained in the SSE Policy)
- Anti-Discrimination, Anti Bullying and Anti-Harassment Policy
- Drug Education Policy
- Information and Communication Technologies Policy
Parents are welcome to enquire at the school for copies of these policies.
All of these policies are based on the belief that:
- all students have the right to learn
- all teachers have the right to teach
- everyone has the right to a safe and clean environment
- everyone has the right not to be harassed by others, to be treated fairly, with respect and in a courteous manner
- everyone is responsible for their own behaviour and accepts the consequences of this behaviour
- each student accepts that the teacher is in charge and co-operates with the reasonable instructions given.
As part of our respectful school team we have a number of support people on-site. Please contact the school for further information.
- School Health Nurse
- Social Worker
- School Psychologist